Thursday 18 February 2016

Harlequin Cap

I just finished washing the Alpaca which I spun and plied this week, and it's hanging to dry. It turned out quite beautiful if I say so myself! Hopefully tomorrow it will be dry and I will wind it up and begin hubby's beanie. I will be using the Harlequin Cap from the Elann site. It is actually a double knit hat, but I might only make it single as Alpaca is so warm it might be too hot for him. But then maybe not since he doesn't have much hair anyway!

I still need to finis the sleeves for the Otis sweater for my daughter. It's so close, yet so far...

This week almost everyone in the office came in with a cold, sneezing and coughing and passing all their germs around. Well, guess what?! Today, I feel like crap. Wouldn't you know it, I get on the weekend. It really pisses me off when people can't just stay home when their contagious.

I must admit I felt a bit of irony when I read the headlines on Google News the other day "Bush Sworn in, Vows to end Tyranny". My first thought was what an oxymoron!

Well, I am going to go lay down and hope that this cold doesn't decide to settle in my back like they usually do. If I am feeling better later, I will probably go to the local LYS to see if they have a swift and yarn winder. I really do need these things. My kid's arms get real tired after me winding 380 yards of spun yarn....

No comments:

Post a Comment